Q: What is the NSAS Donations & Grants program?
A: It is a needs-based program to support arts initiatives and programs in Norwell public schools
Q: Who manages the donations & grants process?
A: The NSAS Funding & Volunteer Support Committee, comprised of the school Building Reps plus volunteers
Q: Who may request a grant?
A: Norwell Public School students & faculty
– Student requests need faculty sponsorship
– Student grants managed by faculty sponsor
Q: Who may request a donation?
A: Any non-profit organization that directly or indirectly supports the arts in Norwell schools
Q: When are grant requests considered?
A1: Annual Grants & Donations
– Awarded at the end of each academic year for following year
– Call for proposals sent by May 1
– Applications submitted by June 1
– Reviewed / voted at last NSAS meeting of the year
– Announced & awarded on last day of school
A2: As-Needed Grants & Donations
– Submitted as needs / opportunities arise
– Reviewed / decided per decision authorities
Q: Who is responsible for the grant process?
A: The NSAS Funding & Volunteer Support Committee will
– post process and application form on web site
– spread the word and help faculty & students apply
– receive and verify requests
– review requests against annual funding plan
– present requests and recommendations for vote (all, some, none)
– document vote results
– track performance
NSAS Treasurer will
– document current funds availability as needed
– pay out voted funds
NSAS Secretary will maintain formal record
Q: Who has grant decision authority?
A: Decision authority is as follows:
– Requests valued at $250.00 or less, may be voted on by NSAS Board without waiting for the next NSAS meeting.
– Requests valued between $251 and $750 must be presented at a NSAS meeting and voted on at that meeting.
– Requests in excess of $750 must be presented at a NSAS meeting and will require detailed discussion prior to a vote. The vote may be postponed until the following NSAS meeting, if the NSAS Board decides more information about the item is needed.
Q: How is the grant program managed?
A: At the annual grant planning meeting in April, the NSAS Board will:
– set NSAS funding goals for following year
– review funds on hand / expected by LDoS
– determine total amount for funding program
– allocate between annual and as-needed programs
– set application review criteria
You may complete the application form electronically using Adobe Acrobat and email it to email@example.com, or you may print and complete the form by hand and mail to the address below. Please be sure to ask your principal to include his/her comments prior to submitting.
Norwell Scholastic Arts Society
PO Box 117
Norwell, MA 02061